Friday, August 10, 2007

Stranded in Cancun

Arrived in Cancun, only to find Tanya wasn't there. I had a crazy zip through the US, and my flight was delayed by 2 hours which left me 45 minutes to clear the three stage US customs and passport control and to check in and out my luggage. I managed it just but only by running to the departure gates and jumping queues. I arrived at the right gate with 12 minutes to spare.

Only to find I was at the wrong gate as they had changed departure gates. Nice!

So I then had to run again all through Houston and eventually got on the right flight with less than 2 minutes spare. When I arrived at Cancun however I found out Tanya hadn't been so luicky and had been stuck overnight in Atlanta.

I waited around in Cancun airport till midnight (which is about 6am english time), and then went to the centre of town in the pitch black to find the hostel.

We were reunited at the airport the next day when I went back to the airport.

No comments: